TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
This website is owned by Newstate Media Pty Ltd, trading as Canberra Weekly and Canberra Weekly Real Estate (“We”, “Us” or “Our”).
Additionally, by using the Site you acknowledge that Internet transmissions are not always private or secure. You understand that while We implement and maintain security and safety measures against loss of data and information, any information you send to the Site may be read or intercepted by others, even if particular transmissions are encrypted.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You accept all risks and responsibility for all loss, damage, costs and other consequences resulting from your use of the Site or the content or material on or accessible through the Site (including any other content or transactions conducted through the Site or any linked site).
Except as expressly stated in these terms, or in any applicable warranty provided with certain goods, and to the extent permitted by law, We will not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, or injury that is suffered (however so caused) in connection with your access to, or use of, or inability to use the Site or the content or materials of the Site (including linked websites) or goods or services purchased through the Site, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, statute or any otherwise, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
You agree and acknowledge that your use of the Site and any contractual negotiations or a binding agreements entered into with other parties as a result of using the Site or any goods or services procured through the Site, in no way act to bind Us, or otherwise make Us a party to your dealings or obligations.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless this Site expressly indicates to the contrary, all information, text, material, graphics, software and advertisements appearing on this Site from time to time (“Content”) are Our property, or the property of the authorized persons such as real estate agents who licence use to use the Content. As such, the Content is protected by Australian and international copyright and trade mark laws, and in relation to Our property, We reserve all rights accordingly.
You must not modify, copy, adapt, store in a retrieval system, reproduce, upload, post, transmit, sell, frame or embed in another website or distribute in any way any content contained on or in the Site and owned or licensed by Us, except as expressly approved by Us in writing or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or any other relevant Legislation.
On the express condition that users keep all Content intact and in the same form as originally presented on this Site (including without limitation all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices and all advertisements), We grant you permission to do the following with the material on the Site:
(a) store a reproduction of the material on your local computer for the sole purpose of viewing the material; and
(b) print hard copies of material for your personal information, but not commercial use.
COMMUNICATION FACILITIES AND INFORMATION USE
The Site may from time to time contain electronic facilities which provide for provision of feedback by users to Us, such as real-time interaction between users and other electronic messaging and notice services (“Communication Facilities”).
If you contribute postings or any content to the Site, you grant Us a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, and irrevocable licence to use, publish, translate, distribute, reproduce and modify anything you submit to this Site or write about the Site (including emails), in any form, and by any current or future media or technology. You consent to Us not attributing your authorship to any of your postings to this Site. We may also publicly display any information that you submit.
However, in utilizing these Communication Facilities, you must not:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using or accessing any part of this Site;
- use the Site to post or transmit any information or material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, profane or otherwise offensive information or material of any kind, including, without limitation any information or material that might reasonably encourage conduct that would breach any civil or criminal law of the Australian Capital Territory or other applicable place, breach the rights of any applicable third parties, or is contrary to any relevant standards or codes;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of, or make unauthorised modifications to the Site, including the removal of any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site;
- knowingly transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses or other component designed to harm or hinder the hardware, software or other facilities of Us or any of Our users;
- use any means to retrieve or index any portion of the Site, or collect any information about other users or Our user accounts;
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Site, including reformat or framing any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences;
- use the Site to transfer or store illegal material including that which may be deemed threatening or obscene; or
- post or transmit any information or material that advertises or promotes another business or website without the prior written consent of Us.
We reserve the right to monitor, review or remove the contents of its Communication Facilities. However, We shall not be responsible to ensure that users do not post information, material or file that is offensive, contravenes any applicable law or right or is misleading or deceptive.
PURCHASE TERMS FOR SERVICES
Our real estate listing and/or advertising services are offered to persons who can make legally binding contracts. Our Listing / Advertising Agreement is a separate legal agreement to this document.
We give no undertaking as to the availability of listing and/or advertising services for the Site.
AMENDMENTS TO SERVICES
All of our services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
This Site may, from time to time, contain hyperlinks, advertisements, banners and /or other pointers to advertisements and Internet websites operated by third parties (“Linked Websites”). The Content and any resulting dealing from such advertisements and Linked Websites are the responsibility of the Content owners as listed on the Site and are not under Our control nor endorsed by Us. As such, We do not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any product or material of these advertisements or Linked Websites. We do not accept any responsibility for the Contents of advertisements found on our Site nor does We specifically endorse the content of the Linked Websites. Users rely on the representations made in any advertisements on the Site and link to any such Linked Website and use or rely on such website entirely at their own risk.
Any publication of e-mail addresses on the Site is for the purpose of professional communication only. Our e-mail addresses must not be used to send unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws and courts of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.